SafeScript NSW Clinical Advice Line - now available
Phone: 1800 434 155
A free 24/7 clinical telephone advice service has been established to support prescribers and pharmacists. It is staffed by experienced Clinical Advisors, such as senior nurses, clinical nurse consultants or other relevant health practitioners. Clinical Advisors have access to other relevant medical specialists to provide detailed advice and support.
The service is now available and:
- provides direct support to prescribers and pharmacists when responding to needs of patients who may be at risk of harm
- facilitates access to clinical advice for addiction medicine, pain management and mental health
- supports safe de-escalation of high doses of benzodiazepines and opioids
- promotes a transition to safer prescribing practices
- encourages inter-disciplinary management and patient focused pain self-management skills training where appropriate
- guides appropriate management and referral to other clinical services where required.